Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bricks and the Vernal Equinox


I hope everyone has something special planned for the Vernal Equinox today! In addition to being one half light and one half dark, it's also the first day of Spring! Get outside! Plant seeds! Do something!

So here's what I've been thinking and if you call me daft it's not like I haven't been called so before (:P). I sorta want to open a brick & mortar store for Spiritual and Witchcraft Supplies.

*pauses for droves of negativity*.... Ok then. I think it's a brilliant idea.

I live in a great location for one; right near historic downtown Fredericksburg VA which is full of antique stores, small art stores, indie coffee bars, great little bars and restaurants, a civil war cemetery, all surrounded by a really beautiful college campus. All the buildings there are old and full of character. I wouldn't need anything big either, maybe 300-400 sq feet, maybe less. Joey said there used to be one downtown a while ago but there isn't one now.

I'd also want to do a consignment based system with local artisans who can feature their handmade items within the shop because I try to support local farmers, artists, and stores as much as I can.

This is obviously something that's a few years away but I've been pricing out leasing spaces just to get an idea.

Also, a few new things on the way for the shop, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I think that's a wonderful idea. :)