Monday, August 02, 2010

Luray

Last week Joey and I spent time in the mountains of Luray, Virginia. The mountain air is so sweet and fresh, I'd love to live out there. But our desperate need for internet and stuff to do outweighs our love for nature (so he says) so we will stay closer to the coast.





We took a tour of Luray Caverns which we both haven't been to in over 10 years. It was stunning and immense and would you believe people get hitched down there? They've got that stalagpipe organ and a ballroom. "Kids these are our wedding pictures, from the UNDERWORLD."




They also have a hedge maze which we conquered!

3 comments:

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Sound like you two had a blast! ^-^

Those caverns are so gorgeous, I might even go into them... (I've been terrified of caves ever since I watched The Descent...) o_o

Glad you found your way out of the maze! ^-^

A.R.Spencer said...

It's funny you mention the Descent because we'd talked about what would happen if there was a minor earthquake and we were trapped down there... scary!

Danni said...

I love Luray! It's so quiet in the mountains and the caves are simple magical, even with obnoxious tour groups around. I'm glad you two had such a great time!

Also, yes. This is late. ;)