Friday, February 27, 2009

Under the weather



This is the grizzly scene at my desk. I've been really under the weather and have been consuming tea at an alarming rate. I have one of the three bugs going around, this is the "congestion, torn up throat, coughing and sneezing" one. There's also a puking bug too and I'm very glad I didn't get that one. What I hate the most about being sick is the fatigue. I barely have the energy to think of something to say so all of my projects have been put on hold until I feel better.

I made this mug around the same time I made the other three, but this one is mine. I have a bad habit of while making gifts and crafts for others, I always have to make myself a little something too. Isn't it always important to just treat yourself every once and a while? I think so.

I've started folding newspaper starter pots to begin my seeds in for this year. So far this years I have seeds for Rosemary, Lavender, Chamomile, Thyme, Poppies, Sage, Peppermint, Spearmint, Dhalia, Flax, Black-Eyed Susans, Cherry tomatoes, and String Beans. I'm really excited. When I transplant them, I plan on giving the Peppermint, Thyme, and Spearmint their own containers since they'll grow like little rabid beasts. This year is my first year trying vegetables too and I hope they turn out yummy. If they do, I'll definitely try more next year.

Until then, I'm going to nurse my disease. I hope I get better soon. Wish me luck!

No comments: