Monday, October 13, 2008

Spooky bird house



I thought I'd share a picture of some of my Samhain/Halloween decorations. I picked up some Calla lilies at the supermarket as well. Their thick waxy stems and large pitcher like blooms were too pretty to pass up.
I managed through coughs and sniffles and wooziness to finish my spooky bird house today. Finishing this up made me feel better but I gave it a really half hearted effort. I really just wanted to finish it and hang it up so I can move on to another project. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy making the birdhouse, I just became very tired very quickly. I had to blow the dust off the wood while sanding it and I nearly fainted because I guess no oxygen got to my sick brain.







I ended up hammering my thumb a few times punching holes in the bottom of the coffee can so the birdies feet don't get wet if it rains. I always do that. Also the kooky looks from the neighbors didn't help as I was bundled up in a hooded sweatshirt coughing with 3 inch bags under my eyes while scavenging for sticks and twigs in thick Pine and Silver maple trees and then later hammering a coffee can in my back yard. I suppose that would seem strange.

Cough.

No comments: