Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Concept art, or what I do sometimes for money


So this is what I do to make money. At least right now. I thought I'd share one of the concept sketches I did for a project I was involved in. See? I also do normal art. I've done tattoo design, children's book illustrations, color work and line art. In my heart I suppose I'm an illustrator but really I just adore the creation of the character no matter the medium. I create characters constantly, make little costumes and stories, and think deeply how a character acts and behaves. Sometimes doing concept art for other people is a little daunting and difficult to chug through since there can be restrictions put on the product.



Don't really know why I felt like sharing, I just did. In a crummy mood but needed to do a post. Heh.

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Being able to use your talent - something you enjoy - to make money, that's a really special thing.

A.R.Spencer said...

I do agree with you. I enjoy what I do but it can get repetitive. I try to do as many side and personal projects as I can just so I don't go mad. Hence why I always have my paws in some crafty project!