Sunday, November 02, 2008

Impish Dolls and shoes.

Hello there. I do hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween/Samhain. My day went well, and the party I attended was a hoot. My costume turned out wonderfully and I received many compliments. I wish I had a full shot of me right now, but I don't. I'm waiting for my friend to post the pictures she took and then I will promptly steal them from her :).

On a side note, here are the before and after of the shoes I wore with my costume. I found them at the thrift store for $6. They're patent leather which is pretty awesome.


The downside is I ended up injuring myself while walking in them. I don't quite remember how but I'm sure these shoes were the culprit. I've had knee problems for about 8 years now so my knees have been aching for the last few weeks due to the change in weather. But this time my knee pain has increased and I now have numbness in my toes on my right foot. So I'm in a good amount of pain. I've been doing a little bit of crafting to help me feel better, so here's some WIP's.



I was inspired by a combination of Brian Froud and the wonderful stuff created by Liselotte Eriksson who is a multi-talented fantasy artist from Sweden. I made an armature with floral wire and covered her body in felt and fabric scraps so she is poseable. Her face is a wooden bead that I painted, and her hair is yarn that I unraveled and glued onto her head. I still need to put wings and shoes on her but I'm excited about the prospect of making more of these. They require such a small amount of materials so I get to use up all the little scraps I have collecting around my work area :) I already have a few ideas for more of these little impish ladies. The cool thing is she is also the perfect size for my miniatures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh she's lovely, and she definitely shows her "froudism" LOL! Sorry to hear about your poor knee - take good care of yourself!

A.R.Spencer said...

Thank you very much! I plan to stay out of high heels for a while, and do lots and lots of sitting in front of the computer :D

Carolina Gonzalez said...

CCR (Crafty Computer Recovery) is definitely the best therapy LOL!

A.R.Spencer said...

Haha! I agree! :)