Saturday, November 08, 2008

New Layout

I'm sick again and I felt restless today so I did a new banner and background for the the blog. Wanted to do a colder sort of layout for the approaching dark months. Also I organized the cabinet under my bathroom sink, shuffled some things around on my work desk to give me more space to craft, and organized some of the fabric and ribbon scraps I had lying around from my Halloween costume. Seeing all the white and antique-y lace lying around inspired me to craft another little fairy doll. All I have to do is put wings on her but this WIP picture shows her naked and headless. Slightly horrifying, eh?

I should finish her and post pictures tomorrow while it's still light outside. I never end up getting out there while the sun is still out and it's changing my mood. Plus I keep getting sick which always destroys the energy I have to do anything. Oh well. Tomorrow, then.

3 comments:

Carolina Gonzalez said...

I love the new layout and banner, they show your style :).

Yes dolls always go through a "horrifying phase" LOL - that's why I always start with the head, so at least you have one beautiful thing to look at while working!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the banner! I wish I was artistic enough to create something like that for myself!

A.R.Spencer said...

Thank you very much!

Carolina- I find starting with the face helps figure out the rest of the design, such as how the hair is styled and what she's wearing. But even still, the little unattached head looks creepy haha!

Mrs. B- All you need is Adobe Photoshop and http://cgtextures.com/, or even your own photos! Look everywhere for inspiration! :)