Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spider webbed purse

Didn't get much done today. Woke up extremely late and didn't even make it to the pharmacy to fill a prescription before it closed. But it turns out I had left the prescription at home anyway, so ugh. I still have a ton of art work to finish and haven't even started it. I should move to a plane of existence that has 35 hours in a day because I'd find stuff to fill all the time up. I made up my lack of prescription-filling by purchasing some wonderfully smelling candles. Pumpkin spice is the name and they smell goood. I did however make this bag a week or so ago and have neglected to photograph it until today. It looks bulgy because all my stuff is in it. The fabric used to make the bag are both remnants I had lying around. The spidery outside being a wimpy cotton spidery Halloween print and the lining being a stiffer olive and brown upholstery material to give the bag some structure.


The image is one I got from Sexy Witch which is a great site. It has images of witches from before 1800 until now. It's such a great resource but also fun to poke around. I saved more than a few images :) This specific witch was for a pantyhose ad from the 20's. I did some color editing on it and removed the logo. I then printed the image on some iron on transfer paper, then ironed it onto some muslin and stitched it to the bag.

The construction of the bag is just a simple tote since I wasn't in the mood to spend years making something sassy. I did line it with one large pocket and a smaller pen pocket since writing utensils always find their way to the black hole at the bottom of my bag. Here you can see the same nylon velcro wallet I've had since around 1997. It's still going strong. Okay okay enough stalling, I have work to do :)